St. Paul's C E Primary School is Offering.
From September 2019.
Nursery Applications now being taken for September 2019 - Please contact the school office on 0161 624 9019
Operation Encompass - Please access information in the mental Health and wellbeing folder
24.1.19 The whole school celebrated Mass in St. Paul's Church this afternoon in celebration of our patron Saint St. Paul 's conversion. Communion was shared and all the children received a blessing. Those who were already confirmed were able to receive the sacrament.
Confirmation classes begin next week where children and any of our school community can have the opportunity to attend prior to a special service later in the year. Please contact Mrs Green for further details.
Proposal to open the School Nursery for 30 hours from September 2019
Documents to support this proposal during a period of consultation closing on February 1st 2019.
St Paul's Christingle Service collecting money for the Children's Society
Singing carols in candlelight - a memorable experience for everyone - truly magical and enlightening!
The School Choir Singing at the Royton Christmas Lights switch on event 2018.
Our school football team played on the pitch at half time during the Oldham Athletic v Cambridge match on Saturday. Here they are in action:
Immediate Future Dates 2019
Immediate Future Dates:
- Wednesday 28th Feb – Year 5/6 CSI Workshop all day
- Wednesday 28th Feb – Year 3 & 4 archery competition 3:30 – 5:00 Royton Hall Primary children selected by Miss Woolley
- Tuesay 5th March year 5 and 6 Handball competition 3:30 – 5:00 OAN (group selected)
- Thursday 7th March – WORLD BOOK DAY – dress up as a favourite nursery rhyme/traditional /fairy tale character.
- Friday 8th March – Informal parent chat in school 2:00 – 3:00 Mental health advisor available
- 11th March Parent evening 3:30-5:30 p.m. Mental health advisor available and providing two short talks about anxiety
- Tuesday 12th March year 3 linking visit with Bare Trees at St. Paul’s all day
- Wednesday 13th March – Diary of a Disciple year 5 with Groundbreakers
- 13th March Parent Evening 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. mental health advisor available at 7:30 to provide short talk on anxiety
- Week commencing 18th March - SCIENCE WEEK
- Monday 18th March – 6:30 p.m. Parent Forum meeting – Learning through Enquiry with a Scientific theme.
- Tuesday 19th March – Multi skills event OAN
- Thursday 21st March – Adrian Bowden – Science workshops – whole school
- Friday 22nd March – the school choir are singing at the Oldham Annual Head Teacher’s Conference
- Tuesday 9th April 3:15 p.m. closed for Easter
- Tuesday 23rd April Summer Term commences
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE RECORD
Spring Week 6 wc 11th February
Well done to both Resource Classes
48.3% of children achieved 100% attendance last half term.
I am sure as we welcome longer days of daylight and warmer times ahead that we can increase our termly attendance to be back in the 96% range by Easter.
Our aim is to achieve 96.5% - 97% in the year. Please help the school to support this goal wherever possible and try to arrange appointments out of the school day.
Attendance Records 2018.2019
Week 9 12th-16th November 2018
Visiting the Mayor
Following the opening of the Peace and Sensory Garden in November last year, Mayor of Oldham - Shadab Qumer - invited us to visit him at his Council Chambers in Oldham Civic Centre. Today the school councillors visited the new mayor of Oldham, Javid Iqbal. Mr Mayor took us to the council chambers where we were able to sit down and ask questions using the microphones before touring the offices to see where he works.
Leavers' Service at Manchester Cathedral
As mentioned in the Crux magazine, on June 15th 2018, Year 6 were invited to Manchester Cathedral to celebrate their lives at St. Paul's CE Primary School and wish them well for their next step into secondary education.
Head teacher for the day
This week, the pupils at St. Paul's Primary School have had the opportunity to prepare and give a speech to the rest of the school community of why they should be voted 'Head teacher for the day'. With some fantastic speeches, it was down to the children to fill in their voting slips and vote for a leader. The voting slips were counted and it was Alfie that was voted winner to become Head teacher with a close second place, Jacob, as Deputy head teacher.They will get the chance to fulfil their roles after half term - leading an assembly, answering phone calls and attending meetings etc. Well done to all the children that entered.
Parent Support Group Fundraising
Thank you to the Parent Support Group who have organised fundraising events to raise money for the school. They presented a cheque this morning in assembly for £1800. This will be going towards developing the outside environment and the 'walk-the-mile' initiative around the school grounds.
This year we celebrated the Easter story at St. Paul's Church. It was a fantastic performance by the Year 6 pupils and the choir.
Decorated Egg Competition
What egg-cellent entries we had this year! So many egg-citing designs to choose from.
Thank you to all the pupils and families that entered. Look at the photographs to see the winning entries.
A Peace Ceremony to celebrate the 6th Anniversary of our Pledge to Peace
On Tuesday 28th November we held a Peace Ceremony to open our Peace and Sensory Garden. This was a special event to mark the sixth anniversary of the launch of the Pledge to Peace at the European Parliament in Brussels. We were joined by the Mayor of Oldham, Cllr. Shadab Qumer, to celebrate this special day as we were the first school to sign the pledge.
Please contact the school office to book your tour
0161 624 9019